Monday, September 8, 2008

I grew up in the 60's and it was a whole lot different than it is now. In the 60's there were'nt any computers no cell phones nor i-pods. In the time I grew up in it was a time of innoncence so to speak. People seemed to care more about each other and they talked more to each other. I don't remeber the violence on the scale I now see it on. when I was young they used to call the gay men sissy's or punks. Back then you didn't see are hear about them as you do today they stayed mostly hidden in the closet. You didn't see a lot of pregnant young ladies walking the streets as proudly as they do today you didn't flaunt a pregnancy you tried to hide it. Children were more respectful to adults because if you weren't when your mama found out that adult had her blessing to half kill you. In my day you were whooped with an extension cord, a belt a switch or your mama or Dad might maul you in the head with their fist, there was no time out, there was no 911 to call ,no teacher to tell and any way you could get paddled on your behind by your teacher. What i know to be a fact is that if you even make the wrong comment to someones child the teacher, parent or innoncent bystander in the way will catch a beat down or you might even catch a bullet, the parents of today are at times young and ignorant with violent tempers. During my era I played with Barbie dolls and I had ken, midge and skipper and you know that goes back. now my granddaughter wants a cell phone and she is only 6. I tried to explain to her young mother that a cell phone for a child her age is ridiculous it will make her to grown, who was she going to call any way another 6 yr. old with a cell. There is a trend that i have noticed and that trend is to move your boyfriend into your house and let him take charge over your young children. I have seen young mothers with children meet a man who they have known for a short time, move into their residence and set up house like they were married. The Mother then allows the man to discipline and watch her children while she works or is away from home. Not really knowing how this individual will react with children. Many young children have been killed or maimed because the boyfriend can't handle them because they are so young that they cry, use the bathroom on themselves, won't be quiet or won't go to sleep. In some cases the children have been abused and from the abuse they have died and who is left to suffer the mother who sometimes goes to jail with the man and her remaining children are put into foster care and they may lanquish there because the system is so overwhelmed with hurting children.

No comments: